About the Job:
Do you enjoy focusing on the details? Are you someone who likes to understand “why”? Do you shine in collaborative team environments? Are you effective at parsing meaning and understanding from large amounts of shared information? Do you enjoy putting together strategies to simplify complex projects? Are you effective using agile tools and agile methodology?
SolutionsMET is actively seeking a Technical Project Manager/Business Analyst with experience in agile delivery to work side-by-side with a team of engineers to help manage, coordinate, and deliver on multiple and concurrent engineering projects for our federal customer. You will be responsible for helping document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate business strategies. This role will focus on modernizing infrastructure and platform projects that will include software development, cloud architecture and integration, implementation of DevSecOps framework and best practices, and quality assurance and testing activities.
Washington, DC- Remote Available
SolutionMET, LLC provides cloud-native application development, modern software engineering, and solution architecture that digitally transform business processes that depend on Development, Security, and Operations. Our engineering approach transforms these processes by codifying practices that can be managed “as code”, automated, and continuously deployed/improved. For more information contact email@example.com.
To be successful you are:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Adaptive to change and proactive with regard to impediments.
- Able to identify and understand the vision of the business.
- Able to translate that vision into understandable requirements.
- An effective communicator able to collaborate with engineers and across leadership levels.
- A servant-leader is able to encourage and support software development and system engineering teams.
Your daily responsibilities:
- Wearing multiple hats as a leader, analyst, and project manager.
- Utilize JIRA and Confluence to capture and communicate project scope, status, and schedule.
- Work closely with customers and colleagues to schedule and facilitate requirements gathering sessions; responsible for understanding, capturing, and structuring requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the enhancements of IT initiatives.
- Maintain solid communication across teams and throughout the organization to provide updates on the status of varying engineering efforts.
- Regularly communicate project status updates in writing and at customer meetings.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; and recommending actions.
- Proactively identify impediments, risks, and strategies for mitigation.
- Assist with backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- Facilitating the planning and development of sprint demos & readouts.
- Draft business processes and documentation to support user training, functional testing, and other activities required to facilitate the implementation of software.
- Ensures the team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery.
- Maintaining relevant metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and work with the team to continuously improve.
- At least 2 years experience working in an agile environment.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and inquisitive.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.
- Excellent communication and social skills; ability to work well with others and lead a team.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Having existing or be able to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance - https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/job-announcement/security-clearances
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years experience working in an agile environment.
- Understand the fundamentals of DevOps development and incremental delivery.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practitioner.
- Solid knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Kanban.
- Experience working with senior decision-makers.
About SolutionsMET, LLC
SolutionsMET is a software company headquartered in the Washington-DC Metropolitan Area with a growing team of experts committed to helping businesses find solutions that matter. Our diverse backgrounds in software engineering, systems integration, and business development and over 18 years of industry experience in the public, commercial, and financial sectors, make developing software-based solutions our core.